Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Have Nothing to Say and I Am Saying It

<MAKING BEING HERE ENOUGH>Roni Horn

I don’t want to read.
I don’t want to write.
I don’t want to do anything but be here.
Doing something will take me away from being here.
I wan to make being here enough. Maybe it’s already enough.
I won’t have to invent enough. I want to make being here enough.
Maybe it’s already enough. I won’t have to invent enough.
I’ll be here and I won’t do anything and this place will be here, but I won’t do anything to it. I’ll just let it be here.
And maybe because I’m here and because the me in what’s here makes what’s here different, maybe that will be enough, maybe that will be what I’m after.
But I’m not sure. I’m not sure I’ll be able to perceive the difference. How will I perceive it?
I need to find a way to make myself absolutely not here but still be able to be here to know the difference.
I need to experience the difference between being here and not changing here, and being here and changing here.

I Have Nothing to Say and I Am Saying It by John Cage

No comments: