Friday, July 13, 2007

Artist's book #1--Words



The words I know
The words I don't know
The words I talk to others
The words in my mind
The words I write down
The words I guess
The words I lost
The words

When I was studying English in American, I kept shaping my world through new words I learned and now I’m still in the process of finding precise words for expression.

This work is about the process of learning a new language so I use clay to create my territory of living in a foreign country. The body of work allows readers to touch, open and close it. I am redefining my personal history via growing words. People keep history through written words. Even though history is written and printed, it can be changed under different social revolution.

Year completed: 2006
Dimensions: 4.5 x 4.5 x 4 inches
Media: Clay

1 comment:

wan:da said...

i like this!
牆的意義,選用的材料都有很大的意義。
做起來也很好看。

你何時做的?